Murhpy’s Law

Of course, I spoke too soon. Today I found and fixed two minor bugs in CuteMaze. One was a regression caused by changing the code around awhile ago, and the other was simply an oversight on my part.

The big news today, however, is the speed improvements. I suspected that caching the results from rendering the SVG’s would help, and it did, but not by much. What did make a dramatic change in performance was caching the rotated pixmaps. Once I did that the CPU use on my computer went from 40% to 1%, and it was able to smoothly scroll while maximized. Yay!

Advertisements

Comments are closed.